An operating system, in its most general definition, is software that allows a user to run important programs on their computing device. It helps manage your computer’s hardware resources. This helps support core functions such as task scheduling and peripheral management. Check how Ubuntu can protect your corporate data in the article below.
The Best Way to Protect Your Corporate Data with Ubuntu
Building and maintaining a digital infrastructure is inherently costly. In addition to buying hardware, you need a working OS. However, organizations small and large can benefit from the cost savings that come from using free operating systems as well as free productivity apps. This technology is sometimes referred to as “sandboxing.” The wrapper around each driver carefully keeps track of all interactions between the driver and the kernel. In addition, this technology can be used for other kernel extensions.
Wherever sensitive data is stored, it must be protected from unauthorized access, either through theft of the physical device or from malicious applications. Ubuntu robusts data at rest protection solutions that provide protection against intruders. The Ubuntu desktop operating system was developed by Canonical’s engineering team with input from the Ubuntu community and the Linux ecosystem as a whole. At Canonical, they not only offer the best desktop Linux distribution, but they also make sure that Ubuntu supports a wide range of hardware.
Installation of Ubuntu takes place in a few clicks; the network is full of versions for free download; you do not need to enter any keys and you can use it on many computers at the same time. Also, Ubuntu has proven itself to be an excellent distribution for installation on servers, including virtual VPS/VDS from the HyperHost company. To catch the virus, you need to try if you use the Ubuntu distribution. And this is a very big plus if you compare the workflow on Windows.
Which Are the Benefits of Using Ubuntu for Your Company?
Ubuntu is a universal distributed operating system that takes collections of machines and operates as one integrated system. It should be thought of in the same way as the creation of R&D and support systems, languages, agreements, and applications. The Ubuntu operating system can be installed on many devices, including Windows and Mac computers. It also runs on networked servers, IoT devices, and robots and in emulated or virtualized computing environments.
You may click here, and the following benefits of using Ubuntu will be highlighted:
- It is a free operating system that you can use completely legally. You don’t have to worry about checking the legality of your work by the authorities that control intellectual property rights.
- Ubuntu is completely free. You can save a significant amount of money by switching to free software.
- New devices without a pre-installed system are usually much cheaper. You will also always receive all updates of the Ubuntu operating system for free.
- Optimization of costs for the purchase and licensing of software due to the use of free software with support for similar functionality to open source.
- The use of cryptographic means of information with the support of national algorithms when transferring and storing information.
- Saving data on the network allows the user to work with local and cloud applications with maximum security.
- This cloud-based OS can support more than 100 mobile devices and convert files for sharing as needed.